As the weather turns cooler, many people try to tough it out before turning on their heat for the winter. They may be trying to save a few bucks, or may just be in denial about the upcoming cold weather, but some people enjoy turning on their heating system. If you are looking for an alternative heating solution that has many benefits, a radiant heat contractor can give more information about some of these advantages.
- Radiant heat is efficient. There is very little heat loss in these systems, as a hydronic system holds the heat very well.
- Forced air systems often lose heat as the air travels through the ductwork.
- Radiant heat improves indoor air quality. Many heat systems blow air around, which can disturb dust, mold, and other allergens.
- Radiant heat moves water through a closed system, which keeps air quality high.
- You can choose a variety of energy sources. Radiant heat starts with a boiler that heats the water, but there is a variety of ways you can power the boiler. Gas, oil, wood, geothermal, solar, and electric are all possible energy sources, and homeowners or business owners can choose whatever works best for them.
- Radiant heat is quiet. There are no loud blowers or motors to listen to, and most of the time, you can not even tell if it is running.
- Warm feet. Most people with radiant floors would put this as their favorite perk, but we saved the best for last. On the coldest day of the year, when your feet would normally feel like blocks of ice, radiant floor heat enables you to walk around, in bare feet, totally comfortable.
If you are interested in the possibility of installing radiant floor heat, this is the perfect time to do it. For more information in the New York area, contact the radiant heat contractor Kew Forest Plumbing today.