Given the rising costs of home heating oil, more and more people are interested in the option of an oil-to-gas conversion for their homes. Making the choice to try natural gas is one of the greatest decisions that you can make for yourself and your home or business. If you elect to use natural gas to heat your residence, you can be assured that natural gas will be exceedingly dependable. Natural gas is brought in safely, and straight into your home through your gas company’s delivery system. Additionally, natural gas produces fewer emissions of sulfur, carbon, and nitrogen than oil, and subsequently leaves nearly no ash particles. The use of natural gas is also the green alternative to improve our environment.
Gas also a much more desirable impact on your wallet. With gas being a cleaner option, it will require less service calls and maintenance. It also eliminates the need for oil deliveries as gas is piped directly into the home. You also pay for what you use with gas as opposed to paying for a full oil tank and not using it fully during the warm summer months helping you conserve resources.
If you are interested in converting from oil to gas here is how to go about that process in 6 easy steps:
- If you live in the 5 boroughs, give us a call here at Kew Forest (718-456-0800) to set up an estimate. One of our knowledgeable estimators will come take a look at the property and give you a personalized quote.
- Upon receiving our quote and if we are in agreement of terms, we will progress with contacting National Grid or Con Edison to get you any possible conversion incentives that are available.*
- We will need to file for your installation with the Department of Buildings. This a quick and efficient necessity to make sure the job is done legally and correctly with the city of New York.
- Once we’ve received approval from the Department of Buildings, next step is installation.
- After your new gas boiler is set up we may need to conduct additional DOB inspections for sign off.
- At that point you’re all set up and ready to go with your new gas boiler courtesy of Kew Forest.
We look forward to working with you here at Kew-Forest Plumbing and Heating.
*Certain rebates are solely the responsibility of the homeowner and are not required to be done by the licensed plumber.